Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old May 13, 2006, 8:22 PM   #11
rey

Debby,
We are all your Big Brother/Big Sister here, although you'll probably older than most of us :-)

So, I think it's better if you post in the forum so that more people can give you opinion. The "Critiques and Techniques" forum is very helpful. But I would suggest you do some post processing to improve the image rather than just posting what you get from the camera. Picasa2, is a nice tool and it's free. Most images that I thought are bland were improved with a little saturation and sharpness.

Plus, if you post your pic, people here can easily download it, change it, and re-post it to show how it could be improved.

But feel free to PM me.

Good Luck!

rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2006, 9:19 PM   #12

boy that made me feel really old..thanks rey.. :blah:

i didn't mean age I ment as in being a baby in the learning mode on photography.... gosh dont think im weird but... I just can't put my pictures out in the open to critique.just can't.. probably wont ever..

I do use Picasa2already. sometimes I think I over-sharpen blah blah or over do some of the other options... anyway thanks for posting back rey... appreciate your help in the past!
learning_mode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2006, 11:35 PM   #13

Debby,

From a fellow teacher... you know there are NO dumb questions... in fact, as a newbie myself, I'm glad you ask questions because I'm learning just as much from the answers given to YOU as the ones given to MY questions.

So please don't stop asking publicly...and share your photos! I love seeing others' photos, regardless of skill level.
TedM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2006, 11:57 PM   #14

:-)Hey Ted... OK... good point on others learning fromposters questions.Ya'll just be kind to me lol I bruise easily. now about the posting my pics I take... not sure if I'll get that brave... Oh Ted ..did anyone tell u .. you look just like that Jesus guy? *winks* j/k This picture on my profileis my "grandma"... see im only 15yrs old.. *snickers* but we look alot alike.. rofl :lol:

its great to meet you ... glad to have someone else in the learning part of this journey!! I love looking at others pics... just know others are so much more professional than mine..

So here's a question Ted or anyone else. Workingin aschool and doing alot of photos for their website... if I was to "show" some kids face pics online here that I took.... could I get in any legal trouble with innocent type photos if i didn't "label" the childs name/s? Just curious. I will ask the tech at school if I can think of it but not sure if even she would know for sure... anyone?

Old May 15, 2006, 8:26 AM   #15

Hi Debby,

Well, I know that our district has a strict policy against showing any child's photograph, or even mentioning a child's name.

Each district is different. It's best to ask somebody in your District Office (D.O.) about what the policy is... it may be the person in charge of publicity for the district or the district's legal team.

Hope this helps!
TedM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2006, 5:18 PM   #16

Yep it helped alot. :-) appreciate you for posting back. I just love this place!!! I can't wait to check out the cheap version i found here for making photos look "soft and dreamy" in the tips section someone said an old way theyuse to doit was use a ladies nylon hose over the lens.. wahooo now thats my newest oldfind on tips!!!

Im surprised and glad that no one else has had the problem I have with the "Err" problem on the D50 camera.After reading the thread "My Camera Died" D 70 .... kinda thought at least ONE more would have had a similar problem to mine... Must mean those D50 cameras are made to last....

:idea: They say when you get a lemon just make lemonade... so *cheers* :G

:|debby
Old May 16, 2006, 4:25 AM   #17
rey

I think there's a certain level of privacy people (and the law) expect, especially with kids. I would never post kids name in public websites, unless they are my kids or have permission from their parents and guardians.

I also don't shoot kids' pictures unless I have their parents' or guardians permission or it's in an event that parents know their kids' pictures will be taken and posted on a public website. This is the case with a race I recently went to. I posted pictures here because the same pics are available on the events' website, which is open to the public. That's where parents and others can go to buy printed copies of pictures from the event.

When it comes to teachers, I would say parents assume that pictures taken by their teachers are for class and personal use only, and will not be posted in public forum.

Hope this helps.

rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2006, 2:52 PM   #18

Guess what... the last week of school I got called into the schooltech office and the lady i take pics for our school websiteasked me... "Your not posting any of the kids pics and putting them on the web somewhere are u?"The tech ladydoes putmy picson our school website under news.. I said no and asked why...and she told me a teacher said she "thought" she had viewed photos I had on the web that I had loaded..and wanted to see them again ...lol

See I had loaded on her computer the pictures I had taken of her class on a field trip..putting them onher teachers hard drive and I then turned on the view by slide show to show her... and I guess she thought it was on the web...

Anyway... thanks again for the heads up!!! ya helped alot before I make a mistake... even just for innocent purposes.

debby