Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old May 13, 2006, 8:39 PM   #1

Hi, Just purchased a D50 and am very happy! I loaded Capture $ on multiple PCs but am unable to open the *.nef files craeted by camera. Is this a problem others have experienced or do I have a problem that means a return?

Thanks in advance
Scot
scardee66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 14, 2006, 10:55 PM   #2

scardee66 wrote:
Quote:
Hi, Just purchased a D50 and am very happy! I loaded Capture $ on multiple PCs but am unable to open the *.nef files craeted by camera. Is this a problem others have experienced or do I have a problem that means a return?

Thanks in advance
Scot
Scot, congrats on your new purchase! I know you will enjoy it as much as I do mine. Short story is, nef should open in capture, as well as picture project(did you get that one with your camera, and did you install it?). If you did, nef will open in picture project as well. Might be worth a try before tech support. Sorry for your trouble. Hope I helped, in some small way...

Robert
Hawgwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2006, 12:27 AM   #3
rey

I didnt install Capture since it expires after 30 days, but you can download NikonView from Nikon for free. Also, download the latest Picasa2 from google, it should read the NEF file just fine.

Picasa:
http://picasa.google.com/

Nikon View:
http://www.nikonusa.com/template.php...ctNr=NikonView

This should tell you right away if the NEF file is corrupt. My guess is it's just fine and you need a plugin for the Nikon Capture to support D50's NEF file.

Let me know if Nikon View worked for you since the install crashes when I try using it.

rey is offline   Reply With Quote