Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old May 15, 2006, 11:02 PM   #1

So I just ordered a 18-70mm and a D50 body, my previous cameras were a Rebel XT then a D70s then I had to giveup shooting for a while for school, but now with a lot more freetime coming up I decided to get back into it...I think being away from it and just looking at other peoples work has inspired me to get even better at it than I was before so this should be fun
jeri534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 16, 2006, 2:02 AM   #2
rey

How long were away from shooting???

These three cameras are still the latest entry level dSLRs. Did you keep the other two cameras?
rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2006, 4:11 PM   #3

Ive been away for about 8 months now, and the other 2 cameras were sold, the Rebel XT for a D70s, then the D70s for the short hiatus
jeri534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2006, 10:45 PM   #4

To be able to make good pictures you need to learn how to use your camera and do lots of practices. Your 3 cameras are all state of the art DSLR that are capable of making first class pictures if you know how to use them. I do not know how many shots you did with the Rebel and the D70 before you sold them.

Reading the instruction book of the D50 until you understand all functions of the camera. Or you can go to Nikon tutorial here. http://www.nikondigitutor.com/eng/d50/index.shtml

Start practice taking pictures. Shoot at any thing you see, be it stones or leaves. Analyse and see what you done wrong. After you shoot for around 1,000 shots sent your best pictures for us to see and help you. Not before your 1,000 shots which should not take more than one month.

Remember you had bought a 'piano' not an 'i-pod', you will have to practicees, lots of practices.
ruchai is offline   Reply With Quote