Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old May 23, 2006, 8:10 PM   #21

The reasons D200 is so successful is not because of it's sensor alone. It's the whole camera that is so advance, Inever hear any complaint from D200 owner. People who complain are the one who do not own one. If Nikon is smart enough it will concentrate in an entry level model that will be better and lower priced than the D50. It will took Canon years before itcan come up with a new model that will be equal to the D200 in price and quality.
ruchai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2006, 7:10 AM   #22

They might be able to do better than the D50, or cheaper than the D50... it will be hard to do both, especially considering new D50 bodies from authorized dealers are approaching $500. I'd say the next new model dSLR to compete for the sub-$500 market will be the Pentax KD110, but it is supposed to be around $600 at launch, but street price may drop quickly. I'm really interested to see how the KD100 does with anti-shake in the body... that would be great to see on a D50-type Nikon.
Stephen Hopkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2006, 9:18 AM   #23

New technologies will make it possible for Nikon to be able to make a better D50 at a lower cost. Success of the D50 and D200 make Nikon sell more DSLR which mean even lower production cost.

Stephen Hopkins wrote:

Quote:
They might be able to do better than the D50, or cheaper than the D50... it will be hard to do both, especially considering new D50 bodies from authorized dealers are approaching $500. I'd say the next new model dSLR to compete for the sub-$500 market will be the Pentax KD110, but it is supposed to be around $600 at launch, but street price may drop quickly. I'm really interested to see how the KD100 does with anti-shake in the body... that would be great to see on a D50-ty
ruchai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2006, 11:26 AM   #24

I just found this forum. It seems really great. I'm still waiting to buy my first DSLR after using onlyNikon film SLRS for many years.I've been close to just getting a D50, but have decided to be patient and wait for the long-awaitedD70S replacement to come out. I would really like to see the D80 improve on the D70S with a low-noise 8 mp sensor, some sort of sensor cleaning mechanism, a better viewfinder,and mirror lockup. I would becontent with the build quality of the d70S or d50. Nikon definitely needs something to fill the gap between the D50/D70S and the D200 very soon, but it sometimes seems to me that they can't keep up with demand the way it is.
Nikonman57 is offline   Reply With Quote