Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Jun 3, 2006, 6:43 AM   #11

Dadeo,

I just purchased a refurbished D50 from Beach camera. They have been so easy to deal with over the years. I have purchased 4 cameras from their company and am well pleased with them.

How do you check the shutter actuations? Please walk me through the procedure, as I have no clue how to do this.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Respectfully,

divertwo

divertwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2006, 11:08 AM   #12

divertwo,

I googled 'opanda', found the OpandaIxif program (which is free), downloaded it,and installed it. After I installed it ran the shortcut, found one of my early pictures, dragged the picture file to the Opanda box. The program shows a lot of info about the picture. Just scroll to the end. The total number of actuations info is about 6 or 7 items from the end.

Hope this helps,

Dadeo
Dadeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2006, 11:52 AM   #13

Dadeo,

Thank you a Bunch! That "Opanda" is one fine program. I downloaded the program and after installing it I started messin' around with it and discovered that you can right click on a photo and go to the "ViewExif/Gps/" line, click on this, and it will open a window with all the exif info.

Thank you again for being so kind.

divertwo

divertwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2006, 11:15 PM   #14

Just wanted to throw in my two cents as well. Just (- 3 weeks) got my D50 from "Cameta".

Got it off eBay(~650, tax inclusive), picked it up from them directly in Long Island. Very professional and friendly at the store, and they even had all in stock (they mentioned that I might need to drive nearby to their warehouse, but didn't need to). Got it with the Tamron 28-80 and 70-300.

Came with 2 week exchange possibility, 90 days manufacturers (I think)on body and 1 year warranty of some sort from Cameta (the lenses were brand new and came with several year manufacturers warranty). Camera was "factory demo" which meand, basically, factory refurbished. Also came with carrying bag.

Camera looked (and smelled!) like new. Software revealed about 600 shutter cycles. Very satisfied so far with quality of camera and accessories. Lenses are fine, bag is nice.

As far as the camera per se, I am so far happy with it. Often-used features are conveniently accessible, camera is intuitive and not terribly complicated, feels quite solid, pictures seem reasonably goodto me.

Summary: (A) Very satisfied with "Cameta". (B) Camera itself seems just as good as all the reviews say it is. :-)
sscheinfe is offline   Reply With Quote