Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Jun 2, 2006, 11:11 AM   #1

Hi all,i'm new on here & was just after some advice

I have a 4300 at the moment & it takes some good pic's,what i find is that for an 'action' pic the shutter isnt fast enough.

What my question is,would upgrading to a D50 be a good idea? will it give me the flexability to learn & progress with time over the 4300 (which is now about 3yrs old)

Cheers for any info

Ian
IanR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 2, 2006, 6:28 PM   #2

Ian, the D50 is good for action shots and is also an easy camera for a newcommer to DSLR to use and to grow with.

It is of course bigger than what you are used to and by time you get a couple of lenses, will be much heavier - but you get more opportunities to get the photo you want due to response speed etc.

I hve used a lot of point and shoot / prosumers / bridge cameras and i find the D50's image quality and shooting experience to be the best that I have had.
norm smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2006, 5:28 AM   #3

I think i am going to sign up for one today,i'll double check the 350 but i think it will be the D50.

Old Jun 5, 2006, 4:08 AM   #4

i was used coolpix 4300 for 2 years plus. i found that this camera actually can do good job and i happy with it for 1st 2 years. BUT the worst thing is the battery. start and wake up time also slow. after my shang hai trip, i took a lot of super lousy pic (night shot). at last i gave up.

now with my D70 (1.5 yrs old) i can captyre a lot of good pic when i travel. DSLR can let u improve a lot.

IanR2 wrote:
Quote:
Hi all,i'm new on here & was just after some advice

I have a 4300 at the moment & it takes some good pic's,what i find is that for an 'action' pic the shutter isnt fast enough.

What my question is,would upgrading to a D50 be a good idea? will it give me the flexability to learn & progress with time over the 4300 (which is now about 3yrs old)

Cheers for any info

Ian
koshinki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2006, 9:18 AM   #5

Cheers for that. I bought a D50 at the w/end,so loads of learning for me now

I will more than likely be posting more questions on here aswell