Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Jun 2, 2006, 7:23 PM   #1

I have a D-200 w/18-200 VR Lens, SB-800, and Stroboframe "Press T" bracket. The SC-29 cord was on back order for about 8 weeks. While waiting I found the Joe Demb "Flip-it" diffuser system. I have both the 2-1/2" X 3" and the 4" X 4". Now that the SC-29 cord has arrived, I'm having difficulty giving up the "Flip-it". I take most indoor photos in rooms from 20x30 to 30x50 with 10' to 20' ceilings.

I'm hopeful that someone who is very familiar with both systems can explain the scenarios where the bracket is advantageous over the "Flip-it".
gstephens is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 3, 2006, 5:01 PM   #2

I use my SB600 on the bracket all the time with and without a diffuser. I think I may order this flip-it though. He has some cute kids in his adds too. I like the flash on the bracket because I like the feel of it mostly, I even turned my own handle for it so it fit my hand perfectly. But it looks like you can get the same results more than one way. I do wish that cord was smaller. maybe I can find a damaged one on eBay and make my own short cord.
ReneB3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2006, 4:30 PM   #3

Anyone familiar with the Sto-Fen Omni-Bounce diffuser? Sounds good for enclosed spaces and is inexpensive at $15-16 or so. The ads say it helps with macro shots.

I do like the versatility of the Flip-It diffuser from what I've read, though.
Stratman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2006, 4:51 PM   #4

I have one for every flash I own. I love them. I ordered one whenI got my SB600. It works well and is easy to stuff in the bag. I think I will try a flip=it as well.
ReneB3 is offline   Reply With Quote