Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Jun 17, 2006, 10:24 PM   #1

Hello, I read in the manual the better use of the three different color modes but I don't now when to use one of the three in fact. I have just started to learn how to post-process my photos in PhotoShop. Each time I open PSop, it asks to convert the color profile. I have shot with sRGB (default IIIa) and PShop ask to convert to Adobe RGB 1998. I have shot with II (Adobe RGB) and PShop still asks to convert. In what mode is it better to take pictures. Can I leave the D50 on default color mode ? I mostly post my photos on the Web. Is there a color mode most suited for the web. I don't print or maybe 3 or 5 prints every three months. In what mode do you all D50 users shoot? Thanks again. Germain
Karmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 18, 2006, 1:32 AM   #2

Karmin writes:

Can I leave the D50 on default color mode ? I mostly post my photos on the Web. Is there a color mode most suited for the web. I don't print or maybe 3 or 5 prints every three months. In what mode do you all D50 users shoot? Thanks again. Germain

Default should serve you well.

Adobe '98 gives you a larger color pallette and it looks good on a quality computer display while you're editing, but for web posting plain ol' sRGB is better. Web browsers can't take advantage of what Abobe '98 offers. Neither can most of the printing machines used by commercial digital printing shops.

If you have one of the higher-end inkjet printers that use six or eight cartridges, then you can probably take advantage of the Adobe '98 color space, but, not with your standard home printer.

So, just keep on using sRGB.

Grant
granthagen is offline   Reply With Quote