Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Jun 29, 2006, 11:07 AM   #1

First I want to thank all the input from everyone helping me make up my mind on a SLR camera. I brought a reconditioned Nikon D50 with the 18-200 Tamron lens from Beach Camera. It is taking great pictures but I'm having shutter problems. They sent me the camera a month ago. About 10 times out of 100, the shutter would make a loud snapping sound and the picture wouldn't turn out. The pictures showed that the picture was copyrighted by the last owner of the camera. I sent it back and finally got a different camera. I took it on a trip the last couple of days and onthis camera, the shutter sometimes sticks open. The picture shows just noisewith lines all over it. It only happened about 5 times out of 150 shots. The flash cannot beturned off like the last camera, after a couple of shots, it pops up and starts flashing.When this problem occurs, I'm shoting on "auto" and notturning it offbetween shots.Is this the start of more problems or is this normal on a digital camera? I hate the expense and time without my new toy! Thanks
cams is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 30, 2006, 12:03 PM   #2
Administrator

Are you sure it's not your lens?

I'd make sure the connection is good and clean the contacts. If you've had more than one body with similar problems, I'd suspect the lens as a source of the problems (bad connection to camera body, aperture blades sticking, etc.).

It could also be a bad battery causing it because of voltage problems, or it could even be a defective memory card shorting out the camera or pulling too much current.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2006, 12:40 PM   #3

Thanks, I'll check it out.
cams is offline   Reply With Quote