Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old May 14, 2003, 9:25 AM   #1

Default EXTERNAL LI-ION BATTERY

HAS ANY ONE HAD ANY EXPERIENCE WITH THE EXTERNAL PACK FROM BATTERIES PLUS IN GREENVILLE S.C.? I HEAR IT SHOOTS MORE THAN 3000+ NEF'S ON ONE CHARGE.
DUCKPOND is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 14, 2003, 1:21 PM   #2

Yuppie, I had DCB w/60w. DCB = Digital Camera Battery, I ordered from website. DCB w/60w cost about $300 plus $50 dollar for cable connect. Use for my D1H, It's pretty good longest all day than EN-4. EVEN cold weather, it still work great. If you want DCB 30w or 60w then you need extra cover case with it, pretty good. INCLUDE it has two connect: one for camera and one for flash.

Make sure you check correct model to match. I meant D1x or d1h or d100 or whatever for correct cable and correct cable for flash model.

But very carefully about those super power may or maybe damage camera as I heard people who complain... but for me, no problem with it.

I think people dont know? If you buy that then you need fully fresh en-4 (full charge) in camera then you can use dcb connect, no problem en-4 will not charge anything. If you put en-4 no fresh (no recharge) about half charge or so? then it will not work with DCB EN-4 will run out empty, not work. That is why. COMPLICATE. You MUst RECHARGE full en-4 then use external battery or DCB.

Good Luck.
polarbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2003, 10:26 PM   #3

:?: what was that all about? I was asking about the new external pack. Well I called them and they said it does not have to be a fully charged EN-4, but the camera has to recognize that a battery is there. fully charged or not. But, hey, what's the difference. All externals need to recognize a battery, or so I'm told. I think the real fact of the matter is that this external pack is about the size of a cigarette pack, and weighs about 1/4 pound.

All this and 3000+ shots, wow.

duckpond
DUCKPOND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2003, 9:16 AM   #4

Well, I talked about this. You can check out on website compare to your call to.

here site:
http://www.digitalcamerabattery.com/..._is_made_i.htm

Mine is 60w.

It's your own decide which one you want this DCB or your other one.
polarbear is offline   Reply With Quote