Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Jul 11, 2002, 10:35 AM   #1
Administrator

Default D100 Shipping Fast!

Just thought I'd share this email that I received this morning:

<ul>
Steve,

Received my Nikon D100 yesterday, ordered on 07/03 from RitzCamera. First time buyer, but if this is an example of their service, long time customer! I knew I could trust what you guys say. The ND100 is, so far an awesome machine!! Of course will have to take it a few more miles to feel right at home, but the learning curve is quite natural with this camera. It's mind blowing to think that not quite two years ago I won your POD for September with an Oly C2500. I thought it was the best thing to come along since they invented the glass plate. Now, for a few hundred $ more, the Nikon D100. My wife has my Oly, and the Casio I won, I'll keep my 'old' Oly E-10 as a back-up, and I'd better slow down on the digicam budget if want to retire from my day job like I plan to shortly.

Thanks for your site, and I plan to be your 100 millionth visitor, in a short time.

Mike Faisy
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 21, 2002, 2:25 PM   #2

Default order status...

I delayed ordering a D100 until July 3 from Ritz via their web site. Iíve noticed
that every Saturday my order status from the site keeps getting pushed back
a week at a time, now its expected to ship on August 3. Iím hoping it will not
be pushed back again. It looks as if I was minutes off the cut off.

Bob

[Edited on 7-21-2002 by zornet]

[Edited on 7-21-2002 by zornet]
zornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2002, 12:48 AM   #3

Default D100 from Camera World (Ritz)

Ive had a similar experience with CameraWorld. My delivery date was pushed back to August 18 by last Friday, when I got a call from Hoopers here in LA saying they had three in. They matched the CameraWorld price (still had to pay tax though), but I have a guru nearby now. And the camera is amazing! I just need to decide on a good wide angle lens, given the 1.5 multiplier that happens on the D100. Any suggestions?
Ken Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2002, 2:37 AM   #4
Administrator

Unfortunately there are only just so many in each shipment. Although I expect that Ritz is getting a lot more than most given their incredible buying power. The D100 is shipping faster than the D60 and it's been out for how long now?

It's worth waiting for, you won't be disappointed.

-Steve
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2002, 3:50 AM   #5

Default Shipped...

Looks as if I spoke to soon. Ritz must had just received a large unexpected shipment, my D100 was shipped yesterday the 23rd.

Bob
zornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2002, 6:19 PM   #6
amr

Default I got mine!!!

After I cehcked Ritz's site a couple of times, I saw that the shipping date was pushed back to august 3rd. I checked my email yesterday and they had shipped it to me (overnight) and I got it last night. today I got the extra batteries I ordered.

FYI - I ordered mine on July 2nd.

BTW, I've been playing with it today and it's great!!

Steve, thanks so much for your in-depth reviews. It was your first-look at the D100 which helped me make a well informed decision and a great business purchase. You're sample pix are invaluable. If you ever have to charge for a subscription (which I hope you don't ) to your site you can count on me subscribing.

Antonio
amr is offline   Reply With Quote