Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Jul 26, 2006, 10:08 PM   #1
Log

Dear Nikon DSLR users,

I saw this in the panny forum and thought it was a good way for them to get to know each other, as we all share the same passion of photography (obviously) and have the same obvious good taste in brands:-).

Well, my name is Logan.Iam 15 years old andI'm currently enjoying my summer and next year will be in the 10th grade and cannot wait. I work part time at a sports facility and and work for a family friend doing yard work. In my spare time i like to drive around with friends,paint, play basketballon my courtin my backyard, swim in my pool,and of course take pictures... lots and lots of pictures. i am very close with my family (mom, dad, 2 brothers, and a sis in-law.... oh and definetly cant forget my nephew)

I have always enjoyed photography and started out with one of those little i-zone (think thats what they are called) cameras, it was kind of like a miniature polaroid. well that camera definetly never really satisfied me and then a i got a little date stamp vivitar.film soon turned retro, so i got a sony cybershot. (cant quite remember model)still that did not cut it, so for christmas i got a fuji s3000. a year later i upgraded to the kodak dx6490. now i am sporting a Nikon D50 with 18-55 kit lens and a sigma 70-300 APO dg macro lens (fyi: i think im in love :G)

My favorite place to vacation is this wonderful house in Avon (outerbanks NC) we stay there for 2 weeks everytime we go there and it is like i am in heaven every moment i am there. that is one place i could never get bored, b/c i can just sit on the beach for hours just listening to the roaring waves.

*If i can come across something else to share in the future i will edit and repost, till then i hope to get to know more of you Nikon users!!!

-Logan:-)

EDIT: i dont know how i forgot, i love music... i have for quite some time. I like everything from rock to classicla and i play piano, violin, saxaphone,dabbled in guitar, and will so be starting cello:-)

Log is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 27, 2006, 10:44 PM   #2
Log

i guess not everyone is as interested in to getting to know each other:roll:
Old Jul 28, 2006, 7:04 AM   #3

hi, my name is chris. i am 17 years old and i'm currently enjoying my summer and next year will be in the last year of school, after that i can go to uni.
i dont work at the moment, but i do some random 3d jobs.
most of the time i'm hanging around with friends, and doing 3d, and taking photo's. i also like to party (who doesnt )
i'm not that close with my family, but we still do allot of things together

i try to visit new stuff every year

ow and i love every kind of music, as long as its good (so i guess that counts out rap and stuff like that)
chris89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2006, 4:13 PM   #4

Fifteen????...i couldn`t afford a bag of chips when i was fifteen,i had 2 sticks to rub together to light up my roll-your-own cigerettes when i was fifteen..,things change as time goes by i guess..

Alright,,my name is Brian,i`m 42 i think,i`m a professional auto tech specializing in electronics.My main center of interest in my job is anti-lock brakes,electronic fuel injection,onboard computers,anything that works off of voltage or produces one is my mainstay..The more complex the curcuit the more fun it is too me.It`s the way of the future too,so stay up to date with it or crawl into a closet i always say...lol..

I`ve been behind a camera since 86 i think,when i bought my first slr which was a Praticar BCA.I had 2 cameras,11 lenses,20 or so filters,motor drives,flashes,tripods and an everending pile of photography equipment when i decided to dump it all and buy my first P+S digital camera.It was a Kodak DX6490.I took about 16,000 or so photos with it and have to honestly say that i learned more from that camera than any previously owned camera i had,why,because you could instantly see your results and correct and learn using the same object with the same lighting the same day.i promised and told everyone i`d never lug arround a 50 pound bag again,that the little camera was great for my needs.

Well i`m not lugging arround a 50 pound bag again,it`s all in a 40 pound Nature Trekker AWII..or is it 50 pounds,,.and only till i get my next lense which will make it 60 pounds??????????..

On that thought i just came off a trail in Fundy National Park here where the trail i went on went up and down 2 mountains.Almost straight up for for hours.With that pack on...man was i glad to get into my van at the end of that day...lol..

Seems i like punishment and great shots too...oh well at least i can bring water bottles and lunch with me now and have my hands free instead of hand carrying a bag...

Nature phtography is my main interest by far....

Brian

brianhare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2006, 4:51 PM   #5
DBB

Hi my name is David. Recently I gave up drugs so that I could afford camera equipment. Now I don't no where to turn for help to become cured of this new addiction.

I am 58 years old and started photography with a Kodak Brownie. Now I shoot with this huge White Dog, who tells me how to handle all this new fangled equipment, which I'm far to shacky to carry on my own. Without him I'm lost...

Sometimes he even lets me barrow his computer so that I can actually see the images!

I also shoot wildlife, and after it's mounted and stuffed I then photograph it. It's amazing how life-like my photography can be! Sometimes I forget to stuff them, which the dog appreciates. He calls this "Road Kill" photography, and he knows more then anyone else on that subject. Even so, it does tend to give a new odor to my house, which is just fine - because otherwise, the eight packs of ciggarettes I smoke a day tends to make people pass out. Now they don't pass out, they simply leave. I have a lot of privacy and personal space wherever I go.

Glad to meet you guys. And I hope you never actually meet the dog, 'cause some people say, "Get that ^%^&(%$# thing outa here before he kills someone." But he's just fine with me and anyone who gives him $20!

Dave
DBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2006, 11:01 PM   #6

Hey Guys(and gals),

My name is Robert and I have been a photographer of all things living for about thirty-six years, and I just joined the ranks of DSLR owners this past May. After shooting film all those years, I accumulated a pile of stuff. Now it stays in the closet with my canons.

I am a "retired" helicopter mech, wannabee biker(that's in the past), and currently work for myself.

I enjoy bass fishing and reminiscing about close encounters with gators. I never seem to have presence of mind to photograph any of them, but that could be because I'm too busy trying to get the hell out of their way... They seem to scare the fish off anyway...

If we can avoid another hurricane this year I will try to post some pics of gators-- if they will leave me alone long enough..

Unlike David, I don't have a pet at the moment, unless you count Stumpy, my pet Anole, who lives free and entertains me almost daily on my deck. And a zillion geckos named Earl. The Anoles are our day lizards, and the geckos are our night lizards, so whenever you go out on the deck, you can look at a lizard.

Anyway I'm glad to meet everyone, this is a great forum(and entertaining)..

Robert
Hawgwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2006, 12:20 AM   #7

hey everyone

well, i'm a 24 year old girl who lives in melbourne australia and i love photography. i'm just waiting for my nikon d50 to arrive at my local camera shop so i can start experiencing the thrill of DSLR's.i've also ordered a tamron 18-200mm lens so i can shoot wideangle, as well as telephoto so i won't need to change lenses (which was a pain when i had my canon film SLR camera). i have had 3 digital cameras so far, which includes a nikon coolpix 2500, a konica minolta dimage A1, and just a small panasonic fx2. i've still got them all and use the pana for discreet situations like dinner out.

i don't really have anyone to talk to about cameras and photography here where i live so i rely on the internet. i'm going to be joining a camera club when i get my new nikon d50 so that will be great!

as you can see, i love talking about photography and equipment and i can't wait to read everyone elses comments in this thread. bye!
Taraelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2006, 1:40 PM   #8

Hi,

Never known the forums to be very chatty except incidental to photography where we meet the kids and see the local color and vacation shots, but it's been good to meet folks in this thread.. I do know that all of these folks (across brands) are quite talented, very helpful and great teachers. But here goes with the intro (you may begin yawning :-)

I'm 45 years old married to the greatest man on earth. We have 4 large dogs (rescues) and 5 cats (rescues)- all indoors. We love to garden andwe're learning as we go. We potted Mandevilla's this yearand the yellow is outstanding. I am an infrequent oil painterand piddle with pastels.

I own the Nikon D50 2 lens kit and have recently acquired the SB-800. I just helped my dad convert to DSLR (he has a historyin Minolta film SLR and various p&s digital)....however I helpedhim into the closeout deal on the KM 7d :!: My film SLRs which I used infrequently and mostly piddled with were Canon and Fujica.

Things on my list to acquire are the 50mm f/1.8 and ultimately the 18-200 VR. My hopes and dreams include doing some informal 'portrait' work of family and friends and their animals. I am 6 years away from a 25 year retirement and rather than pursue my CPA and do taxes, I'd love to supplement income with photography but I will have to become more disciplined and a better student than I am now. For my style of painting, back in the day, I had a decent eye for color. I don't feel like my pictures reveal an 'eye' much less talent but for now, I'm just having fun. A wise forum member once said - just go take pictures and enjoy - and that's what I've done. I am learning along the way. I am looking forward to a trip to NM in a monthish for my father-in-law's remarriage - mucho photo-op's!

I owe a huge debt of gratitude to the kind folks on the forum who haveencouraged me through the process.

Good to meet y'all!

M

p.s. It's hot here in Bama.
melt1109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2006, 11:40 PM   #9
Log

its nice to see some replies after getting home. (spent a weekend in DC with some friends)

keep 'em comin'

-Logan
Old Aug 3, 2006, 7:57 PM   #10

nevermind
chris89 is offline   Reply With Quote