Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Aug 4, 2006, 6:08 PM   #21

Log wrote:
Quote:
i was already planning on completely skipping the 600 qnd getting the 800.. more bang for the buck
Not necessarily more bang, but definetly more buck. The Sb600 is fully functional, and only slightly less powerful. However, if you shooting with the D50, the SB800 becomes necessary for the wireless capability, if that's what you want to do. For the casual shooter, I don't know that the SB800 is worth the extra $120.
rjseeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2006, 6:28 PM   #22
Log

i am doing some basketball this season and my school has a 600 and i figure i could set it up on a tripod and use it wirelessly...

-Logan
Log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2006, 10:59 PM   #23

Hi Logan,

With your D50 you will need to purchase the SB-800 if you want to use the SB-600 as a wireless off camera remote. The SB-800 will be the master as the built in pop-up flash on the D50 will not operate as a TTL master like it does on the D70 or D200 cameras.

Right now until the end of august a $25.00 rebate is offered on the SB-800 from Nikon.

Ronnie,

PS: Your flash should come in just before you get your battery charger so you will have time to really read the fat SB-800 manual.
Ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2006, 11:02 PM   #24
Log

but i still miss my cam already.. and considering i have a 9 mo nephew whos always growing and doing new faces and things i cant document him...

-Logan

PS Ronnie thanks for making it seem better by saying ill have time to read the big fat manual:roll::-)
Log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2006, 4:10 AM   #25

You took the words right out of my mouth. I just recently shoot a weeding reception in a semi dark hall with a D50 and SB800 combo. The SB800 is the TONKA trucks of external flash's. I shoot 689 pictures during wedding & reception and the bride has rejected only 5 pictures.
Jedi_Knight is offline   Reply With Quote