Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Nov 19, 2006, 12:40 PM   #11

A miracle happend : I complained really heavily, I wrote them a letter saying thank you Nikon for there extreme customer friendly behaviour. After some weeks I got an email to fill out the papers again and on friday I got one that the SDK is send via normal post.

Hope it will arrive.....
schoppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2007, 6:22 AM   #12

Hello,

I have the SDK. If you want to detail what you are looking for exactly, I can give you a utility that will do it.
patnocera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2007, 6:30 AM   #13

It's not a question of arguing with them. The process is that you submit an application, which get forwarded to Japan. They evaluate your application and decide if it is in their business interest.

From my experience, they are quite open. Still, you will need to present a valid business case for it to be seriously considered I think.

The Developer's Agreement is a contract. It has very specific obligations for the developer applicant.

I hope this provides some insight.
patnocera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2011, 2:50 PM   #14

Does anyone have the old copy of D50 SDK? Nikon has removed it from their SDK offering. Please contact me at [email protected]

Thank you!
fotonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2012, 12:45 PM   #15

Hello

People who do have the sdk from nikon, can i know if it is written in Java or C++?
And, if you guys know which camera company provides a point-n-shoot camera with a api written in Java.

Kindly answer, would be of great help.

Thanks
rowen30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2012, 6:36 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by patnocera View Post
It's not a question of arguing with them. The process is that you submit an application, which get forwarded to Japan. They evaluate your application and decide if it is in their business interest.

From my experience, they are quite open. Still, you will need to present a valid business case for it to be seriously considered I think.

The Developer's Agreement is a contract. It has very specific obligations for the developer applicant.

I hope this provides some insight.
Just curious... did it involve an official Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA)? And a statement that if you sell software at a profit do they get royalties? I've been curious if they would release it to the open source community. I'm guessing the NDA takes a few hours of their lawyer's time, so they want a business justification to make it worth that expense.
Nikon D200 and D3200 at present

Last edited by SmokinJoe; Jan 8, 2013 at 7:45 PM.
SmokinJoe is offline   Reply With Quote