Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Aug 8, 2006, 12:55 PM   #1

i just bought the D70s & speedlight 800, i haven't grasped settings and was wondering what is your favorite setting? i need suggestions, i normally will shoot with a minolta maxxum 5d, but i need a jumpstart on getting used to nikon's performance... any suggestions?
joonphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 8, 2006, 6:32 PM   #2

you need to base your settings on the situation you are in. There is no right combination to cover all situations. For general use, you'll want to be in TTL mode, but that won't be right for everything. What type of shots are you hoping to do??
rjseeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2006, 10:57 PM   #3

i'm mostly interested in headshots and portraiture indoors using the speedlight 800, i haven't gotten used to the way everything is laid out as far as settings go... its a step up as far as profession goes to the minolta i normally shoot with...
joonphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2006, 9:24 AM   #4

Hi Joonphoto,

My suggestion is for you to read your Camera as well as the flash manuals. They offer excellent information to get you using the SB-800 as intended. It is a flash that can be used on or off of the camera.

Wireless off camera flash is perfect for close-up portraits.

Nikon has a DVD called "THE SPEED OF LIGHT" that is worth buying to show you what the SB-600 & SB-800 speedlights can do.

Ronnie,
Attached Images

Ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote