Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Aug 10, 2006, 2:47 AM   #1

so, a few weeks back i was in heavy debate on what DSLR to buy, and ended up going with the D50 w/18-55 and 55-200. first off, im amazed at the quality of the camera/pictures for under 1000 dollars, and cant put the darn thing down!! the more i use it the more i enjoy it. but to make a long story short, its a stunning camera, full of features with awesome quality glass and steller performance right out of the box, and im very happy with my latest investment.

here are some pictures for you guys to enjoy, feedback is very welcome(id like to know what you guys think)

oh yeah, and thanks to everyone on these forums for helping me out. you guys were very helpfull and educated my on my purchase, thanks again.

*all pictures have been unedited and came this way right out of the camera! (ill put up edited versions later) a circular polarizor filter has been used on most of the pictures however.

once again, please leave feedback! id like to know what you guys think.

thanks again,

Brian

LightSwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 10, 2006, 1:34 PM   #2

Brien, those are really great pictures! Don't you love this camera? I'm getting great results with mine, too - but still learning, that's for sure!

I look forward to your future postings...those really are beautiful shots!

Peace,

mare
Mare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2006, 7:32 PM   #3

thanks mare, and yes, there will be many more postings in the future.

anyone else care to say anything?
Old Aug 13, 2006, 1:30 PM   #4

Welcome to the dSLR club and soon to be the Lens ReachLust club...

Did you keep your FZ15? I have found that my FZ30 addresses my reach IQ needs while the D50 covers the IQ/ISO range for me...
Telecorder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2006, 2:55 PM   #5

yes i did keep the fz15, but i was a good ol boy and suprised my mother with it. she used to be big into photography back in high school, and hadnt been into it for numerous years, so i handed over the FZ15 to her. so far shes been very happy with it.

on top of that a few years back she gave me her old K1000+ allot of equiptment
Old Aug 13, 2006, 6:50 PM   #6

congrats lightswitch! I too am a former FZ owner. I went from FZ20>FZ30>D50. I kept the FZ30 for my backup for the D50 but recently picked up the Nikon D200 so I'm selling my FZ20 and giving the FZ30 to my son so he can earn his chops and I use the D50 as backup.

Now see if you can stop buying lenses
eddie_dane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2006, 2:09 AM   #7

i havent bought any new lenses..... yet. but i cant say that i havnent been looking, my next purchase will probably be some extension rings and one of the tamrac backpacks. then new lenses are soon to follow.
Old Aug 14, 2006, 8:23 AM   #8

This is scary how we have parallelled buying. I also purchased the Tamrac backpack, I ended up buying another, bigger model - which goes back to lenses. I bought the smaller one first but needed more room for the extras as well as laptop. I still can't carry everything. I'm looking at a larger bag that has a tripod bracket right now so try to think ahead.

I'm still glad I have the one's I do because they allow me to travel light for individual outings but long trips, I end up packing the large one.
eddie_dane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2006, 10:55 PM   #9

Man gret pictures, Im searching all over the net to enter to the slr cameras. I will stay with nikon as i have three old and heavy soligors lenses(macro and zooms) that fit in my nikon F2.

Do you know if my soligor lenses fits in D50, D70 or D200 well_?

alcaher05 is offline   Reply With Quote