Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Aug 14, 2006, 10:05 AM   #1

Hi,

A quick question for anyone who knows ?

I have just purchased a D200 18 – 70mm camera kit. When inserting the memory card for the first time, I wasn't sure how far to push it in (The card doesn't sit flush in the compartment as expected ). I was being gentle, but did give it a firm push to make sure as I didn't want to try and close the door if the card wasn't all the way in. Would my pushing on it firmly damaged the pins or camera in any way, it seems to be working fine.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Jason
jt42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 14, 2006, 10:33 AM   #2

My CF card is pretty much flushed with the CF bay, but I don't think you should have anything to worry about. If the eject "button" comes up, and the CF door is easily closed, then I wouldn't be too upset over it. You can take a look at the metal "tracks" that guide the CF card into the pins -- if they are straight, then there's not much of a possibiliy that the pins could be bent when the CF is inserted.
quangtran1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2006, 10:39 AM   #3

Thanks for your reply.

The card is in okay, just not completley in the compartment (As when you insert other memory cards into other devices ). I think this is normal. I was more concerned at being firm when putting it in for the first time, when the manual made a point of saying do not use force ( Maybe in case you had put it in backwards or upside down !?).

Jason
jt42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2006, 4:36 PM   #4

You can't insert the CF card backward or upside down. You know it right away if you attempt to do so.
quangtran1 is offline   Reply With Quote