Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Aug 28, 2006, 5:51 PM   #1

Can anyone tell me what's up with the pricing on the Body only Nikon D200 part #25235with a USA warranty. I have found prices all the way from $749 to more then $1600.Are they not the same camera? I know that there were black market cameras but these don't seem to be. 
jimdigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 28, 2006, 8:09 PM   #2
rey

The difference is the $749 one is a scam. They'll take your credit card number, sell it to some organized crime and you won't get a camera.

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...amp;forum_id=2

rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2006, 8:15 PM   #3

No way you find the D200 for under $1500-$1600. As was mentioned, $749 is definitely a scam. Make sure you check ratings of who your considering purchasing from at www.reselleratings.com. Adorama, and B&H photo are two reliable online vendors.
rjseeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2006, 8:24 PM   #4

I have bought from bh before and know that they are reputable. Since I haven't bought a camera since I purchased the D1X 5 years ago a lot of scams seemed to have surfaced.Thanks guys, I realy appreciate your input. It is nice to know that there is someone looking out for my butt just like the USMC does for theirs. Jd
jimdigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2006, 11:31 PM   #5

The scams have been going on for a long time on digital electronics. This is not a recent phenomenon.

I've been to B&H. It's a store in Manhattan, NYC. They take up a whole city block, and plenty of people go in and out.

Adorama is also a store in Manhattan, NYC. They are a much smaller store, but they have quite a few people going in and out.

I've bought from both locally, and they are fantastic.
Webapprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2006, 1:31 PM   #6

I ordered my D200 from B&H, they are the supplier I trust most. The only other online vendors I would trust with such a purchase other than them is adorama and possibly amazon.
eddie_dane is offline   Reply With Quote