Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Sep 11, 2006, 4:41 PM   #11

miatapaul wrote:
Quote:
My local Circuit City has 3 D80's in stock and had at least 1 Rebel XTi and the Sony Alpha. I picked up the Alpha and could not find the shutter release without looking. The XTI was not on display but the hand grip seemed impossibly small after holding the Sony, and the Nikon. They would not open a D80 box and the guy walked away from me to help some one who just walked up, I had been waiting patiently for 15 minuets. The other guy was looking at a $200 and the guy working there looked like he was homeless. I must have scared him away when asking a few basic questions. I have written an email to there corporate office and I will buy from Beach Camera unless they turn around and offer me a few hundred dollars off, then I might buy from them. Circuit City only has the kit with the 18-135 and Beach/buydig has the 18-55 kit
I wouldn't hold my breath waiting to get a few hundred dollars off.You may get a gift card or some coupons, but don't expect to be able to use coupons on DSLR's. Margins are razor thin on the DSLRS, and they'll sell what they have easy enough. Unfortunately, the big boxes are hit and miss as to the level of service and knowledge they can provide.
rjseeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2006, 7:33 PM   #12

In the UK the big camera chain Jessops seems to have plenty of all the new DSLRS, as well as plenty of the older models being sold of cheap (well, relatively), but none of the independant store I visited today had much in at all :S Most had the D200 and D50, but almost no others.
MrPogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2006, 4:50 PM   #13

I just saw a D80 body for sale at Bestpricecameras.com for $349, with free shipping! Can that be true? What do you think is wrong with that deal?
Kita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2006, 5:06 PM   #14

Kita wrote:
Quote:
I just saw a D80 body for sale at Bestpricecameras.com for $349, with free shipping! Can that be true? What do you think is wrong with that deal?
Be careful, from what I hear there's lots of sites like this that will charge very little for a camera and then charge you double that for the accesories that naturally are included in the price of the camera.
zygh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2006, 5:17 PM   #15

Kita wrote:
Quote:
Don't do it! Delete that bookmark!
swgod98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2006, 7:07 PM   #16
rey

Kita wrote:
Quote:
If the price sounds too good, it's a scam. Checkout this old thread for similar sites:
http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...amp;forum_id=2

rey is offline   Reply With Quote