Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums >

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 11, 2005, 12:50 PM   #1
Junior Member
kimbo12371's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 25

I'm getting a d70 finally desided.. anyway I was told that I needed to get filters just to protect the lenses.. But I dont know awything about filters.. I was hoping you all could tell me which ones to get. I'm getting the kit lenes 28-80 and 70-300 and I'm getting the 50mm 1.8.. so tell me what I need please

kimbo12371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 11, 2005, 2:54 PM   #2
Senior Member
Morris's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 113

You should really consider buying the REAL kit which include the 18-70mm AF-S lens.

It it really better then the 28-80.

For the filter, Hoya is a good quality with a decent price.
Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2005, 7:15 AM   #3
Senior Member
Grinder's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 236

Buy the 18-70 Kit lens - it is a VERY VERY good lens. UV Filters are called just that, you will need to get one that will fit your filter threads.

Simple answer - they are very good pieces of glass that protect the VERY good glass one your lens from junk. They also cut down bad light.

This what you are looking for


my 70-300mm is a 62mm thread
the 18-70 is a 67mm thread
the 50mm is a 50mm thread

BTW - if you buy a Vivitar 100mm Macro you will have MY set-up LOL

Filter connection is a good online place to buy them and it's an automatic purchase with any lens I buy

Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 9:37 AM.