Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums >

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 19, 2006, 5:59 AM   #1
Junior Member
adymcd's Avatar
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1

After all the research on these forums I am going today to purchase a D50. My question is should I get the standard kit lens @ 18-55mm or the D70 kit lens @ 18-70mm?

I am aware that the end of the lens rotates on the D50 one which looks like it could make it difficult to use filters, is this also the case with the 18-70mm D70 lens?
adymcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 19, 2006, 7:30 AM   #2
Senior Member
rjseeney's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Taylor Mill, Kentucky
Posts: 2,398

If you just do a search on the forums, you will find that this question has been asked an answered many times. In short, the 18-70 is a slightly better lens, mainly because of the extra reach and build quality. For the same amount of money, you could get the 2 lens kit which covers a shooting range of 18-200 with very good performance, which is hard to beat at the price.

The 18-70 does focus internally. However, external focus is only inconvenient when using a polarizer.

In short, if you're only going to get one lens (I don't know anyone who only gets one lens) get the 18-70. If you're looking to add the tele end, get the two lens kit (the 18-55, and 55-200)
rjseeney is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:29 PM.