Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums >

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 25, 2008, 2:56 PM   #1
echinacea's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 73

Hello everyone,

i am using nikon 18-200 VR lens and i want to take more close-up photos. for the time being i could not afford a macro lens. so i wanted to try the filters

i searched a little bit and could not decide which one is more suitable for my lens. +2, +3 ,+4, +5 diopters???

Thanks for your help..
echinacea is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 25, 2008, 4:28 PM   #2
Senior Member
NHL's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: 39.18776, -77.311353333333
Posts: 11,599

You can buy a set:
-> Usually it comes as +1, +2, and +4 set and you can get the +3, +5, and +6 by the various permutations
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2008, 4:30 PM   #3
Senior Member
Bob Nichol's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Eastern Ontario Canada
Posts: 823

The larger the diopter number the closer you can get is how it works. The Canon closeup lenses are double element and are much better than single element closeup lenses.

You may wish to investigate extension tubes also. You get the close up without the added distortion of extra glass in front of your main lens. http://www.thkphoto.com/products/kenko/slrc-04.html for example. Nikon has them also but are more picky over what they will allow to be attached.
Bob Nichol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2008, 1:17 AM   #4
Senior Member
ruchai's Avatar
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 287

I use Canon 500D close-up filter. It works very well with my 18-200VR and D200.
ruchai is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 2:19 PM.