Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums >

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 7, 2006, 9:39 PM   #1
Senior Member
goomer's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Kamloops, B.C.
Posts: 378

Hello all,
I just purchased the D50 a few weeks ago (my first DSLR) and was looking at buying among other things a grad filter. My question is about the 18-55mm kit lens and using it with a grad filter. I understand that this particular lens rotates the outer element when focusing, as opposed to for example the D70s' kit lens which does not. I'm wondering how to properly use the grad in this case...I'm guessing I will have to focus and lock it in before screwing on the filter ? Any insights are appreciated.
goomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 8, 2006, 7:30 AM   #2
Senior Member
rjseeney's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Taylor Mill, Kentucky
Posts: 2,398

You are correct. A bit of a pain, but the only way to insure the correct effect. You will also have to do the same with a polarizer.
rjseeney is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:51 PM.