Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon Lenses

Old Jan 1, 2007, 5:54 AM   #11

Greetings,

I also ordered the Nikon 18-200 lens at the same time you did, but have not gotten my backorder yet from Ritz. Would you mind telling me where you ordered from, and about what date?

Many thanks,

Stephen
Tallahassee, FL
sbsmithfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2007, 6:08 AM   #12

Hi Stephen,

My order was placed on 12/15/2006, it's still backordered.
However, Google checkout already charged my credit card and I am still waiting for their response because it's ridiculous to pay for something which I won't possibly get in months.

Kevin
mischiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2007, 8:10 AM   #13

Kevin,

Thanks for the response. Had Ritz given you ANY indication when this might be back in stock. Or is there any buzz out there on restocking? Are we talkin mid Jan, or mid July?

Thanks,
Stephen
Tallahassee, FL
sbsmithfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2007, 11:59 AM   #14

Hi Stephen,

Ritz last told me that they had not received any shipment notification from Nikon. So it's still up in the air... unfortunately...

Kevin
Old Jan 4, 2007, 5:04 PM   #15

I am still strugging with google checkout. They charged me for the lens and I need to pay my credit call bill pretty soon. They keep saying they are contacting Ritzcamera to sort things out. I don't think I will ever use google checkout again. :sad:
Old Jan 4, 2007, 6:16 PM   #16

Write the credit card company and dispute the charge. Then write Ritz camera and don't be nice about the way you are treated. These Company's are going to have to learn if they want to stay in business they need to take better care of their customers. After You get your $$$$ streightened out you can either call B & H and get it or go to your Best Buy Store and see in one is on the shelf for sale.

Ronnie
Ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2007, 2:37 PM   #17

A local Ritz store manager told me that they're running about 6 weeks on filling backorders in stores and that web orders were running about 7 weeks.
jsfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2007, 2:47 PM   #18

thanks guys. I am in the process of disputing the charge. It's just ridiculous that they still haven't responded to my emails.