Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon Lenses

Old Jan 15, 2007, 7:02 PM   #1

I own the Nikon D80 with Nikon AF-S DX VR 18-200mm lens conbo which I use for my more serious work (photo club, travel, etc...).

I also purchased several gear (D50 body, AF-S VR 105mm micro lens, R1C1 wireless speedlight system, Kenko extension rings, etc...) from a friend who was financially strapped. I'm thinking of keeping the D50 body and selling all the other gear. I've already found an interested party for the rest of the gear. With the money I can get for the other gear, I wouild be able to get the Nikon AF-S DX 17-55mm F2.8 lens. Would this lens be a good match for the D50? I'm looking for a sharp, bright, fast focusing zoom lens for people pics (groups of people) at various family gatherings. Some of my colleagues (photo club) have suggested that the Nikon AF-S DX 18-70mm is a good enough lens and that the Nikon AF-S DX 17-55mm F2.8 is too expensive and not worth the extra money (at 3x-4x the price).

agiaccio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 15, 2007, 8:08 PM   #2

Personally I would have kept the AF-S VR 105mm micro lens, R1C1 wireless speedlight system, Kenko extension rings but then I like shooting macro!
Bob Nichol is offline   Reply With Quote