Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon Lenses

Old Jan 21, 2007, 4:09 PM   #1

Hi everybody,

I have an old Nikkormat FT2 (1975) that works pretty good still, equipped with a 50mm lens. Even though I shoot digital now, I wanna use it once in a while...

I want to buy macro and telephoto lenses (manual focus), what should I get, since I don'tknow much about lenses? I would like to stick with Nikkor-Nikon lens or Vivitar Serie 1.

Thanks,

Mike
great34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 21, 2007, 7:48 PM   #2

Did a Google and found this from an old forum entry:

"FT2 is pre-AI so you need meter coupling prongs if you don't want to be stuck with stop down metering techniques. Most camera repair shops can add one to most Nikkors that have an aperture ring (this leaves out G lenses, E series are best avoided as well). During the switch over period from pre-AI to AI meter coupling, the AI and AIS lenses came with prongs and aperture index coupling methods."

Basically this will rule out any modern lenses. You may be able to find used lenses that are compatible but is it worth investing any money in such an old camera?
Bob Nichol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2007, 6:56 AM   #3

Hi Bob,

Is it cold in Newmarket today? Here it's around -15 C. but I'm enjoying my first week vacation anyway lol!

Thanks for the reply. As for investing money, I'll just look on ebay for something around $30-50.00, no more. Last time I tested the camera (2 years ago), the photos were good , not tack sharp, but good. I'm just kidda lostwithlens compatibility for my FT2 :shock:

Thanks again Bob,

Mike
great34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2007, 5:07 PM   #4

Carl Zeiss recently offered new lens for the F mount, and it has the metering

prong. No stopped down metering required. To check out the lens go to the

Zeiss web site.:|
digital demon47 is offline   Reply With Quote