Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon Lenses

Old Mar 9, 2007, 11:41 AM   #1

Just came across this lens and thought I would share it. Looks to be great for stationary shooting, but I would hate to carry that around. My chiropractorsays buy it!

http://www.sigma-photo.co.jp/english...200_500_28.htm

Here is a tad more information, but a few more pictures as well.

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0703/07...ma200500mm.asp
anm8ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 14, 2007, 7:42 AM   #2

That's not a lens, that's a large thermos that someone just taped a 120mm filter on the end of and put it in front of a camera.

Good greif!
TomBodet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2007, 4:48 AM   #3

Where do I light the blue touch paper to launch the next Apollo? It's a great idea but it must weigh in at around 15lb (7kg) since the 400 f2.8 weighs in at 9lb (4.5kg). Take that with the zoom facility and I know for sure that while it would be extremely useful as a motor racing photographer I'll stick with the 70/200 and 200/400 and teleconverters. Just the thought of carrying that for a day gives me the shudders.
cameranserai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2007, 7:47 PM   #4

The next larger model from Sigma may require the purchase of an optional accessory roll-around luggage lens case just so the photographer can carry the lens home from the store. :G
Tenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2007, 6:17 PM   #5
Log

cameranserai wrote:
Quote:
Where do I light the blue touch paper to launch the next Apollo? It's a great idea but it must weigh in at around 15lb (7kg) since the 400 f2.8 weighs in at 9lb (4.5kg). Take that with the zoom facility and I know for sure that while it would be extremely useful as a motor racing photographer I'll stick with the 70/200 and 200/400 and teleconverters. Just the thought of carrying that for a day gives me the shudders.
actually weighs in just over 35lbs

and has a speculated retail of around $9k U.S.
Log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2007, 10:12 AM   #6

35 lbs? Is this an early April Fool joke? I even see they are "giving away" with the lens a TC20 to double up to 400/1000 f5.6. I am wondering if this has basically been manufactured for the paparazzi and serious twitchers. I can't see any of us sports photographers using it unless we've been through a bench press training course beforehand.
cameranserai is offline   Reply With Quote