Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon Lenses

Old Apr 17, 2007, 1:58 PM   #1

Im thinking about taking the plunge and I was wondering if I can get somecomments from anyone that has used this lens...pros/cons, issues, etc...Im awaiting for the release of the D3X and was wondering if I will run into any issues with this lens if the D3X goes to a full size sensor. Nothing worse than spending that kind of money on a lens that wont "work".Also Im finding that my local shops are not willing to deal on the 4500 price tag on this particular glass. Any trustworthy online shops that you guys can recommend? Any to steer clear of? Thanks for your comments!
DRGSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 17, 2007, 2:27 PM   #2

Hi - apparently the Sigma 300 f/2.8 EX DG APO HSM is also extremely good quality / value for money. Do note, however, that there is no OS on this lens as opposed to Nikon's VR facility. I have read some very favourable reports on this lens...

Perhaps a good bargaining chip to use when doing the next negotiating round with your local dealer.

Just a thought!

Cheers - Herman
Attached Images

hauer54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2007, 8:10 PM   #3

Herman, thanks for the suggestion. I guess Im wearing Nikon blinders becauseI didnt even consider anything else. I need to make sure that all my autofocusing/metering, etc...will work with this lens. Anyone using this lens and could comment on it?
DRGSin is offline   Reply With Quote