Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon Lenses

Old Dec 7, 2007, 7:58 AM   #1

Does anyone out know whether it is possible to mix the 400d/rebel body with the nikon 18-200mmvr lens as that would seem to me to be a good outfit.Although there are probably a few things that wont be compatibleor downsides I expect.
deadshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 7, 2007, 9:17 AM   #2

The two systems are not interchangeable. There are apparently adapters that would allow nikon lenses to mount on canon bodies (and vice versa), but the lens wouldn't Af or meter, meaning you'd have to do everything manually. And you could certainly forget about VR working. I've never seen or used one of these adapters, but they can be found on Ebay. It also doesn't make much sense to buy an $800 lens and use it in a way that most of its functions are unusable (no vr or AF).

I'm not sure I understand why you'd want to mix systems anyway. Nikon has bodies comparable to the Canon you're looking at and Canon has lenses comparable to Nikon. I don't see how putting a crippled Nikon lens on a Canon body would be better than using Canon lenses.

rjseeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2007, 11:44 AM   #3

good reply,

I have always had canon cameras so I have a flash etcand I like the nikor lens but obviously with those dissadvantages it would be a no no .The canon lens equivalent is too pricey for me.

Thanks for the info.
deadshot is offline   Reply With Quote