Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon Lenses

Old Jul 26, 2002, 1:37 AM   #1

Default Nikon Lenses

I just thought I'd point out, for those who might find the information useful, that there is a dissertation on lenses here:

http://digital-images.net/Lenses/lenses.html
RonReznick is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 31, 2002, 9:36 PM   #2

Default Very helpful information

Being new to photography, I've found no shortage of numerical data and comparisons between various lenses on the net. While I can certainly appreciate technical specs, your reviews of personal experiences with these lenses, and their preferred uses in different situations, will certainly help me make a better informed decision on my first few lense purchases!

Thanks,
Mark
markcto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2002, 12:06 PM   #3

I found it very difficult to come up with much other than arbitrary ratings or MTF information when I was first starting out, so I decided to write this when I had enough information to do so. I'm pleased that it was useful to you, Mark.
RonReznick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2002, 7:41 PM   #4

Default A helpful website on nikkor lens

To all- This website has great info on Nikkor lens-- a subjective survey...
http://www.naturfotograf.com/index2_PC.html
With right amount of research on his website
one can come out the wiser for it, as I have. I wanted to share this info as it has been helpful for me when purchasing lens for my d100 .
toarto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2002, 9:12 AM   #5

Ron, I was surfing your web pages...and looking at your animal pics...very nice and everything else too...i posted my pics on the web also on animals too...people commented that my shots on the animals were too centered...i'm not sure how elso could i angle myself to take the shots differently...so they think its boring i guess...your pics were centered too...any advice/comments?

thanks
mrdinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2002, 11:53 AM   #6

Mr Dinh

I have some comments to make after reviewing several of your photo, animals and landscape. Most of them, the subjects seem to be placed in the center , and for that you may not follow the rule of third, apply for both horizontal and vertical, if you could frame and put your subject on 1/3 to the left or 1/3 to the right or move the subject up and down 1/3 of the frame, the pictures would look a whole lot better, have more depth and more meaningful. The picture if the Seattle with the space needle would be a great shot if the tower is places to 1/3 on the left. I don't mean to get you upset or anything, you were asking for comments and I just give you some of my opinions. There are several good photography books on animals and lanscape or nature subject with the discussion of the rule of third that you may consider to review and I love to icuss with you more about this in the future.
tuanokc@hotmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2002, 9:22 AM   #7

[email protected], thanks for you advice...nope you didn't get me mad or anything... i appreciate honesty...maybe you can tell me some the titles of the books you are talking bout....
mrdinh is offline   Reply With Quote