Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon Lenses

Old Apr 6, 2008, 3:56 PM   #1

Hello everyone,
I'm hoping someone could give me a little insight on what some of my options might be in having my 80-400 EX OS Sigma lens serviced. I live in Canada and purchased the lens a few years ago on Ebay. I'm sure it's long out of warranty, and even if it wasn't, it's a US lens...so I'd be out of luck anyway.
The trouble is that I fell while holding it in my hand, and although it didn't hit the ground, it was really jarred violently. I fear the OS suffered some damage, as when I now shoot with it on, I frequently get stuttering lens motions in the viewfinder and some strange noises when it's activating.
So I guess my question is where if anywhere can I get the lens serviced? Any help appreciated.
goomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 6, 2008, 8:49 PM   #2
Administrator

If you go to this page at Sigma Japan and click on the map where it shows "Service Point, North America", you'll see a phone number, e-mail and web site links at the bottom for Gentec International in Ontario. So, you may want to contact them and ask if they can service it.

http://www.sigma-photo.co.jp/english/network/index.htm

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2008, 1:47 AM   #3

Thanks Jim, much appreciated.
goomer is offline   Reply With Quote