Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon Lenses

Old Aug 29, 2008, 7:12 PM   #1

Hello-

I can't find a Pro 70-200 AFS VR 2.8. Anyone know how long before they will be available again?

B&H, Adorama, Amazon all back ordered....
Robes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 29, 2008, 9:00 PM   #2

At the B&H website, when you look at a product, there is a field to submit your email address to notify you when the item is in stock. As soon as you see this email in your inbox, go the B&H website and place the order on the item. Other websites may have a similar "notify me when this item is in stock" functionality. This does mean you need to check your email address several times a day.

I was able to buy this lens by doing this. This lens appears to be made in small quantities, so it sells out fast.
Webapprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2008, 11:28 PM   #3

Yes-
I signed-up for the e-mail notification. I think I'll give them a call tomorrow to see if they can give some rough estimate of time involved here, months, years...
Old Sep 4, 2008, 12:57 PM   #4

Robes wrote:
Quote:
Yes-
I signed-up for the e-mail notification. I think I'll give them a call tomorrow to see if they can give some rough estimate of time involved here, months, years...
I've tried asking various vendors about rough estimates in the past, and the general answer is "when Nikon ships them to us." There does not seem to be a regular shipment schedule for these items.

Good luck getting this lens. It is worth the cost.
Old Sep 4, 2008, 9:16 PM   #5

I asked a salesman on the phone at B&H about availability of the 70-200. I think he said they have been back ordered at least a month or better. He then told me he thought they'd be in next week, for what that was worth, who knows if he knows....

Robes-
Old Sep 5, 2008, 12:16 PM   #6

Hi,
Then, I wouldn't go by the salesman's word. Just keep checking your email inbox for that notification email from the B&H website that will definitively say if the item is in stock. Then, rush to the website and place the order as quickly as possible.

Good luck.

Robes wrote:
Quote:
I asked a salesman on the phone at B&H about availability of the 70-200. I think he said they have been back ordered at least a month or better. He then told me he thought they'd be in next week, for what that was worth, who knows if he knows....

Robes-
Old Jan 8, 2009, 8:22 PM   #7

ive learned in my life never to pre pay on a backordered items.i see,i feel i buy.:idea:
scooptdoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2009, 12:48 AM   #8

scooptdoo wrote:
Quote:
ive learned in my life never to pre pay on a backordered items.i see,i feel i buy.:idea:
I agree, I would never pre pay on a backorder. No one did on this thread..