Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon Lenses

Old Oct 25, 2011, 5:45 AM   #11

I've used Adorama.com, B&H Photo Video, and KEH.com, and been pleased. I've heard that buying from Amazon is ok, but that buying from some of their specialty retailers can be a pain sometimes.

A useful tool for selecting a retailer is ResellerRatings.com.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2011, 8:49 AM   #12

I'll add that I have used Adorama, B&H, KEH and Newegg.com. I used KEH to buy a used Sigma 50-150 f2.8 (as suggested above) which was used on an old Sony A200 body. I love the lens it was tack sharp, good in low light. I usually get my cameras from Adorama or B&H and the memory cards have all come from newegg (found they have better prices than most other places for the same memory card... B&H for some reason has very high prices on their memory card stock).

dave
Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2011, 10:05 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photo 5 View Post
... B&H for some reason has very high prices on their memory card stock).
I've found that B&H and Adorama have similar prices for memory cards, but that B&H has cheaper shipping.

I once selected Adorama's "Free Shipping" offer, which only guarrantees delivery in 7-10 days. I live near I-95 outside Washington, DC, so UPS Ground from NYC means next day delivery. Adorama's "Free Shipping" was with FedEx Ground. I tracked the package as well as I could, but only got intermitant results. It took two days for my package to get to Philadelphia, and another three days to get to Martinsburg, WV (?), where somebody finally put a stamp on it and dropped it in a mailbox. I got it two days later. If you've got the time and the package isn't fragile, "Free Shipping" is good for a laugh.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote