Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon Lenses

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 27, 2012, 5:55 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
zig-123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Cape Cod, Massachusetts
Posts: 5,145
Default D7000+Tokina 11-16mm f2.8 lens

On my way to Marco Island for the month of March. Our first stop is Vero Beach, FL

This was the sunset just about 20 minutes ago. Taken with the Tokina 11-16mm 2.8 lens

__________________
http://scortoncreekgallery.smugmug.com/

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 27, 2012, 7:24 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
banksy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 2,144
Default

Beautiful zig. It's a great lens.
__________________
Panasonic FZ35 | Nikon D7000

http://www.flickr.com/photos/banksyinoz/
banksy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2012, 7:41 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,093
Default

Great shot.
tclune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2012, 1:53 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
MarceloLI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Long Island - New York
Posts: 2,083
Default

Beautiful picture Zig,

The D7000 with this lens is a great combo, this camera has a fantastic dynamic range maintaining a balance between the lightest and darkest areas.

I did shoot last week some pictures with this combo in NYC and I'm very happy with the results.

I'll post some pictures later.

Enjoy your trip..!!
MarceloLI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2012, 12:55 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
zig-123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Cape Cod, Massachusetts
Posts: 5,145
Default

Hi All,

Sorry for taking so long to respond to your kind comments, everyone. We've been driving down to Marco Island the last couple of days and have not had internet access.


We've just arrived at our home base for the next month. The Mac is hooked up.
This means we'll be boring you with some photos -from time to time.


All the best,

Zig
__________________
http://scortoncreekgallery.smugmug.com/

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2012, 12:19 PM   #6
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zig-123 View Post
On my way to Marco Island for the month of March. Our first stop is Vero Beach, FL

This was the sunset just about 20 minutes ago. Taken with the Tokina 11-16mm 2.8 lens

]
Was this a bracketed shot, i.e. HDR? Did you have Active D-lighting on, and did you use the default settings for it? The detail of the foreground, compared to the brightness of the sky, makes me think that one or the other was in use. Please share the details. Thanks. Joe
massimino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2012, 1:47 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
zig-123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Cape Cod, Massachusetts
Posts: 5,145
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by massimino View Post
Was this a bracketed shot, i.e. HDR? Did you have Active D-lighting on, and did you use the default settings for it? The detail of the foreground, compared to the brightness of the sky, makes me think that one or the other was in use. Please share the details. Thanks. Joe
Hi Joe,

Yes, this was a 3 exposure bracketed image processed in Photomatix Pro.
Exp.comp =.3
Active D lighting=No
F8.0
1/100sec
ISO160
tripod used
shot in RAW

Hope that helps.

Zig
__________________
http://scortoncreekgallery.smugmug.com/

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2012, 6:29 PM   #8
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zig-123

Hi Joe,

Yes, this was a 3 exposure bracketed image processed in Photomatix Pro.
Exp.comp =.3
Active D lighting=No
F8.0
1/100sec
ISO160
tripod used
shot in RAW

Hope that helps.

Zig
Thanks Zig, I will have to checkout that software. Photoshop is a little rich for my blood and experience level. BTW your picture is beautiful. I live in Fl, and we have so much beauty here. I just have to make more time for my camera.

Thanks for the details..

Joe
massimino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2012, 4:48 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
zig-123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Cape Cod, Massachusetts
Posts: 5,145
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by massimino View Post
Thanks Zig, I will have to checkout that software. Photoshop is a little rich for my blood and experience level. BTW your picture is beautiful. I live in Fl, and we have so much beauty here. I just have to make more time for my camera.

Thanks for the details..

Joe
HI Joe,

Yes, your state is a wonderful place with lots of photo opps.

BTW, the Photomax HDR software comes in two versions both fairly affordable and available in stand alone versions.

Here is a link if you're interested:

http://www.hdrsoft.com/

Zig
__________________
http://scortoncreekgallery.smugmug.com/

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2012, 4:21 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Franko170's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 303
Default

Always enjoy seeing your shots Zig.
__________________
Nikon D600, D90, D70, N90s, FM2, Canon S3 1S, Panasonic FZ35; Nikon 18-105 VR, 28-70 2.8 Sigma, 35-70 Nikkor, 70-200 2.8 Sigma, 70-300 4-5.6 Sigma, 85 1.8D Nikkor, 55-300 4-5.6 Nikkor, Sigma 17-50 2.8.
Franko170 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 9:38 PM.