Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon Lenses

Old Jan 7, 2013, 8:14 AM   #21

Hi Marcelo,

Great series of images. Now, that you have the D600, I have to ask if you have used it with the 300mm f4 and how does that combination work?

Zig

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2013, 8:15 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logo10heli View Post
Thank you Zig for your clarifications and recommendations.

Very nice shots Marcelo. Good to hear about your positive results with the AF-S 300 f/4 and the 1.7 TC.

I've decided to rent the AF-S 300 f/4 , 1.4 and 1.7 teleconverters for a week and compare to my Sigma 50-500 OS. I hope the weather cooperates !
A very good plan. I'll be looking forward to hearing your assessment.

Zg

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2013, 8:56 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by zig-123 View Post
Hi Marcelo,

Great series of images. Now, that you have the D600, I have to ask if you have used it with the 300mm f4 and how does that combination work?

Zig
Hi Zig,

Last Monday I went to Hempstead State Park looking for a bald eagle that many people have reported seeing her there.

The day was cloudy and little dark, usually the D300 with the 300mm f/4 + TC-17E under these conditions hunt a lot before to focus but I was very impressed to find that the same combination on the D600 focus almost instantly and with great accuracy, tracking works the same as the D300.

I use it in FX mode so you don't have reach of the crop sensor.

Would be interesting to use a big 500mm on it but that kind of glass is out of my budget.

The body of the D600 is very similar to the D7000, even the external controls are placed in the same way.

It is very light and deliver great IQ at high ISO's, I'm happy with the new camera.

I'm planing to go next week to Delaware to shoot some bald eagles, I'll take with me the D300 and D600, will post my pictures and thoughts about it.

Have a great day.

Marcelo
MarceloLI is offline   Reply With Quote