Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon Lenses

Old Nov 16, 2013, 6:21 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarceloLI View Post
Thank you Paniolo,

Good luck with your search.

Zig,

So sorry to heard that, what it is the problem with the lens? provably the motor stop working? I have a friend that has the same issue, he sent the lens to Nikon and they fixed the problem for $540.

I know is a pain to have to deal with this issues.
Hi Marcelo,

The lens stutters back and forth trying to focus. ultimately it stops, however it's not in focus. Yes, I think it's some sort of motor problem.

What bothers me is that I've always babied this lens. It has never been dropped, exposed to moisture or abused.

When not in use, I keep it in the camera bag. with the front and covers attached. I know it's not a user induced issue.

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2013, 9:32 AM   #22

Hey Zig.

Sorry about the issues with your equipment. I remember when my 12-60 SWD Zuiko locked up months after the warranty ran out and it was over $300 getting it fixed, and you know all too well when I had to send my E-M5 off just before making the trip up there last year. Frustrating as heck.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2013, 5:57 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Chappell View Post
Hey Zig.

Sorry about the issues with your equipment. I remember when my 12-60 SWD Zuiko locked up months after the warranty ran out and it was over $300 getting it fixed, and you know all too well when I had to send my E-M5 off just before making the trip up there last year. Frustrating as heck.
Hi Greg,

Good to hear from you.

'til now, I've been quite fortunate with all my gear, especially camera bodies. I really can't remember when one of my cameras or lenses went on the fritz.

It doesn't make it easier to accept, but, given how complex these things are today, it's a wonder they work as well as they do.

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote