Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon Lenses

Old Jun 29, 2004, 12:15 PM   #1

Anyone any experience of the 17/55 F2.8 Nikkor? I have received my D70 with standard lens and have the opportunity to change at list price against the same, but time is limited and I dare not use the other lens for fear of marking it.

With the depth of knowledge in here, I am sure one of can advise me.
cameranserai is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 29, 2004, 2:55 PM   #2

Are you saying the people who sold you the D70 + kit lens will replace the kit lens for the 17-55 f/2.8 AF-S? That can't be, the AF-S lens is a professional grade lens that costs perhaps triple or quadruple what the kit lens costs. Or do you mean you'll get a discount on the 17-55 based on the price of the kit lens. I don't own that lens, instead I have its full frame cousin, the 17-35 AF-S, and if the 17-55 is every bit as good as its cousin, then you will not be dissapointed
marokero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2004, 1:06 AM   #3

No, They will give me theirlist price for the kit lens against their list price for the new lens. There is quite a difference involved, so I thought I would ask the question here. I assume it will also work with the TC14?
cameranserai is offline   Reply With Quote