Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon Lenses

Old Nov 23, 2004, 8:21 PM   #1

Hi, Looking to tqke advantage of the Nikon $200 rebate on the 80-200 2.8. Seems most places like Adorama are out of stock. Where can I find one to but online (from a safe shop). Thanks!!
6920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 23, 2004, 11:24 PM   #2

B&H and Adorama are the only two places I buy photo equipment from. Calumet only if I'm really in a pinch, and/or because B&H and Adorama are closed for a Jewish holiday (Calumet is usually the more expensive of the three).
marokero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2004, 5:23 AM   #3

Try 17th St Photo - an accredited Nikon dealer. In stock at $910. A great lens incidentally which I have carried for 10 years or thereabouts. Great for portraits.

http://www.17photo.com/subcategory.a...kon&rpp=10
cameranserai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2004, 10:28 AM   #4

Just ordered from B&H, have heard good things about them here and they have it in stock.

The $200 reabte helps too!
6920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2004, 8:41 AM   #5

6920 wrote:
Quote:

The $200 reabte helps too!
You got that right. I just got mine from B&H on Wednesday. I only buy from B&H (with only an occasional purchase from Adorama). B&H is definitely the place to buy it from. Their prices are reasonable and they have good shipping costs. I think I read somewhere that the rebate would only be honored if the lens was purchased from an official Nikon dealer which they are. As of just before Thanks Giving they had the lens in stocks. If they are out again, you can register the product on their site to have it automatically send an email alert to you once it is back in stock. This is what I had done and I probably only waited about 2 weeks.

Michael
mdparker is offline   Reply With Quote