Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon Lenses

Old Dec 15, 2004, 5:59 PM   #1

Does anyone know if I can put a teleconverter on my Tameron lens I'm using a D70 body and would like to get a little closer. Any recomendations.

Thank you,

Chad
cdteo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 15, 2004, 10:58 PM   #2

That depends. What kind of teleconverter are you refering to, the type that attaches between the camera body and the lens, or the attachment lenses that screw on the front threads of the lens? If your lens' front rotates when autofocusing, attaching a screw-on type lens will put too much strain on the autofocus motor. If the lens' front doesn't rotate, then you will have to put a little more effort on the zoom ring in order to make it go from 28mm to 300mm. Now if you're refering to the device that goes between the body and the lens, it may not work on your lens. Most teleconverters are specifically made for tele lenses. There may even be a warning label specifying which lenses they might work with.
marokero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2004, 11:11 PM   #3

cdteo wrote:
Quote:
Does anyone know if I can put a teleconverter on my Tameron lens I'm using a D70 body and would like to get a little closer. Any recomendations.
If you only wish to get closer, teleconverter won't make it. A front-mounting teleconverter will INCREASE the minimum focusing distance and a rear-mouting (i.e., between the body and the lens) one cannot got closer. To get closer, use close-up lenses.

CK

shene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2005, 5:28 PM   #4

Marokero : and the Tamron F. AF Teleconverter 1.4x N AFo MC4 ?? to use in the Tamron LD 70/300mm. f4-5.6 ?? and D70 body ?? Carlos
Carlitin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2005, 11:47 AM   #5

Carlitin, I emailedTamron to get some other info, and I also asked about a teleconverter for you 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6LD. The customer service says the model number for D70Nikonis: AF 14N-700 (which is a 1.4 teleconverter). They said that the 2X teleconverter will not autofocus correctly (due to the slow f/4.5-5.6).

Bjane
Bjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2005, 5:31 PM   #6

BJane : Thanks for the information, I will try with the Tamron 1.4 X, and I will send you a pic with thath. Carlitin
Old Jan 22, 2005, 4:25 PM   #7

BJane : I got the tammron teleconverter 1.4x and is working fine, is OK. by the way, I was looking for a macro lens for the D70, did you know the Sigma AF 90mmF f2.8 Macro ?? the old onewho has the lens atachment in the front ?? Carlitin:sad: