Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon Lenses

Old Jan 10, 2005, 2:16 PM   #11

Oh, and for equipment, go for Lowepro. They have the best gear out there that is used by most professionals as well. I bought the Stealth reporter, which holds 1-2 camera bodies and 2-3 lenses, depending on the size of them. It is around $100.
dieseljunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2005, 5:48 PM   #12

dieseljunkie wrote:
Quote:
Oh, and for equipment, go for Lowepro. They have the best gear out there that is used by most professionals as well. I bought the Stealth reporter, which holds 1-2 camera bodies and 2-3 lenses, depending on the size of them. It is around $100.
Hi Dieseljunkie,

Thanks for your info. Does Lowepro have a website that I can check out there accessories? Also is the Stealth reporter case waterproof and would it keep my equipment safe while straped on to my luggage rack on the bike?

Thanks,
Wilbur

KingCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2005, 10:42 AM   #13

http://www.lowepro.com/Products/

There you can see their line-up of products. Mine is water resistant, but I guess not the ideal bag for on a motorbike. It is like the name, more for reporters etc. However, they have beltpacks, shoulderpacks etcetera. Should be something you like. They also have the more expensive ones, which are extreme weather resistant.

I recommend going to a store to buy them, as I bought a bag on the internet of another brand, which was a big dissapointment. The camera did not fit very well, only real tight, and the size was smaller than I thought it would be. The Lowepro bag was bought in a store, and when I saw it, I knew it was the perfect bag.
dieseljunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2005, 12:31 AM   #14

As for camera cases (bags), try M-Rock. I have used 5 different camera bags and found theirs the best.

http://www.m-rock.com/
uhjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2005, 11:49 AM   #15

just a recommendation for the camera bag.
i went to a local "value mall" type place, went into the luggage shop where they sell all sorta of bags and what not.
anyways grabbed myself a lunch bag for $8-9US.
PERFECT for my D70, it has 2 compartments one zipper on top and the bottom half zipped up.
Bottom is where i keep my camera, it's big enough for my 80-200/2.8 lens MOUNTED on the camera and it fits perfectly
Granted its on the bottom so when i place the bag i have to be conscious of putting it down.
Reason I got the lunch bag, because it's inconspicuous, not flashy or anything and it doesn't look like a camera bag, at LEAST not too obvious like a camera bag would right away, and it has some cheap fancy logo name on it, so it looks cheap, but what do i care, it's padded and does the job.

good luck with it and have fun.
im still torn deciding between lexar 80x and sandisk 60x (1giggers)
im a die hard sandisk person, but the lexar is tempting plus the price is just right for me.
thats how i found this thread, in my search lol.

kubus is offline   Reply With Quote