Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon Lenses

Old Mar 10, 2005, 2:12 PM   #1

I haven't seen any reviews concerning this lens anywhere, not to mention, no comments from owners or users of this lens. Has anybody out there had any experience with this lens? I am giving this lens some serious consideration for macro work. I think I would like this lens better than Sigma's 105 mm macro lens because of the increased working distance plus the HSM feature. Would appreciate any feedback from owners/users of this lens.
woodyed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 11, 2005, 12:58 AM   #2

take a trip over to www.fredmiranda.com. they are a bit more hardcore and somewhat frightening at times. the site tends to tilt towards canon cameras but thats not an issue as sigma works on them too. so far from a few people over there that own them they are real happy with them. i was just about to order one up when B&H went out of stock on them. it is a clean crisp lens. the usm feature is great for gross focus but i still prefer a rail for the fine work. the 150mm focal is a good compromize as you said for good working distance. i have 1.3 crop and a full frame cameras so it will be excellent for both

i would give it more the just a consideration. its looking to be one of sigmas best new products.
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2005, 8:46 AM   #3

Have you tried Sigma4Less to buy this lens. I'm not sure if they have any in stock or not but I'd give them a try. Thanks for your reply and I have tried to find a review on the FredM website you mentioned but all I could come up with was their 105 and 50mm reviews. I'll look again to make sure.
woodyed is offline   Reply With Quote