Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon Lenses

Old Mar 23, 2005, 12:56 AM   #1

I'm trying to shoot some pano shoots with a D70. But I'm not sure how to lock the exposure while using the remote control. Any suggestions? Thanks.
uhjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 23, 2005, 8:04 AM   #2

Set it on manual, set the spped and aperture as indicated by one of the other modes and shoot away.
Nagasaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2005, 10:19 PM   #3

That's what I did, put into Manual and set shutter speed etc., and ended up with different exposure for my shoots due to different amount of available light. I don't know how to lock exposure when using the remote control.
Old Mar 24, 2005, 3:44 AM   #4

You can either lock the exposure which means give each frame the same exposure which is what setting the camera will do or exposure each shot according to the light in which case you put it into any of the automatic modes. The advice for panos is generally to lock the exposure as you'll get less variation between the shots than by using an auto exposure.
Old Mar 24, 2005, 7:16 AM   #5

I know about what locking the exposure will do. My original question was "How to lock the exposure when using the remote control to take pictures?"
Old Mar 25, 2005, 12:14 AM   #6

Also set the WB to the setting you are in. i.e. cloudy, fluorescent, ect...
CaliBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2005, 5:15 AM   #7

As locking the exposure means using the same shutter speed and aperture for each shot using manual will do this. If the light is different shot to shot then yes the exposures will be different. One suggestion I've read is to use a bigger overlap between shots as this creates a more even transition.

Using auto white balance may also make changes shot to shot so setting this to an appropriate setting is a good suggestion.