Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon Lenses

Old Apr 18, 2005, 11:33 PM   #1

Hello,

I am kind of new to the photography thing but I have a Nikon CP8800 that I just bought a TE-17ED teleconverter lens for. I thought it would be appropriate to put a UV filter or a Circular Polarizer on this lens for both protection and to knock down haze. However, I cannot find out what the thread size is on the front of this lens. Does anyone know? Would putting a filter on this lens be the wrong thing to do since it is more or less a zoom lens enhancer?

I thank you in advance,
Curmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 19, 2005, 12:27 AM   #2

I'm going to assume you meant TC-E17ED not TE-17ED I have no idea what a TE-17EDis since its for your CP8800

Your probably in the wrong form asking this question but to help you the TC-E17ED 1.7x Telephoto Converter has no threads on it to add a filter.
jtgraphics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2005, 12:53 PM   #3

Your right it is a TC-E17ED 1.7x teleconverter. I looked at the front of the lens and it may be simply groved to accept a bayonet lense cap but it is at home and I am at work right now so cannot check. When I looked at it a couple of days ago I would have sworn that those were threads and not just grooves..... I will check it out.

Thanks for your reply.

Bill
Curmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote