Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon Lenses

Old May 29, 2005, 2:10 AM   #1

I just discovered an adapter that will let me use my old Nikon manual focus lenses on any Canon camera. This will be kind of nice because I have about 5 of these lying around the house, and am planning on getting a Canon DSLR. One of them is a Nikkor 50mm f1.4. I really don't know too much about this lens at all and was wondering if it will have bad CA. I haven't noticed anything from my Nikon FE, but then again I haven't taken many pictures with it. Do you think it will be any good on a DSLR? Or will I need to do a lot of editing later on to get rid of the CA? Thanks a lot!
Jon

P.S: Sorry if this is a really stupid question, but since the lens isn't an APO and is fairly old I'm not sure what to expect.
Minolta_nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 8, 2005, 2:00 PM   #2

The 50mm 1.4 is a superb lens. CA wouldn't be a problem with this lens. How it will fare on a Canon DSLR is anyone guess, I've never heard of this combo.
wingnut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2005, 1:16 PM   #3

Can I use the manual lenses of my Nikon F2 Fotomic with the Nikon d70s? Will I need an adapter?
couch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2005, 1:16 PM   #4

Can I use the manual lenses of my Nikon F2 Fotomic with the Nikon d70s? Will I need an adapter?
couch is offline   Reply With Quote