Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon Lenses

Old Jun 6, 2005, 6:52 AM   #1

Hi. Im interested on a pdf or scan copy of a Sigma 50-500 HSM lens manual. I need information about how to block the full time manual focus .

Thanks for all.
Hess is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 6, 2005, 8:01 AM   #2

Manual focus? I append a copy of the Sigma details from their site:-

HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor)
The HSM models (the HSM is only available for AF Canon, Nikon and Sigma Mounts) provide quiet high-speed AF function, as well as full time manual focus capability.

I am not at all sure I know what you mean by your post here.
cameranserai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2005, 8:55 AM   #3

Hi im interested on block this function ( full time manual focus capability) to prevent out of focus images due to change the ring position when i use AF.

Thanks for your reply
Old Jun 6, 2005, 1:59 PM   #4

Once again I cannot understand. Either you want to use manual focus (in which case you select manual focus) or you use the autofocus facility which will select the focus automatically. I do not wish to be rude, but I sense your command of english is not perfect, and perhaps you have misunderstood the meaning of the detail.
Old Jun 6, 2005, 2:29 PM   #5

Hi. I want to use AF normally, i dont need to correct manually the focus with the focus ring. I want to know if is possible to cancel the manual correction and the lens oprerate like a normal AF lens and when i want to use manual focus i change to manual in the camera.

All this is due to im used to take the lens arround to the focus ring and if i move sightly the hand or the camera, the picture taked is out of focus.

Is possible to rotate freely the focus ring without effect on the focus?

Thanks for your interest
Old Jun 6, 2005, 2:30 PM   #6

Hi. I want to use AF normally, i dont need to correct manually the focus with the focus ring. I want to know if is possible to cancel the manual correction and the lens oprerate like a normal AF lens and when i want to use manual focus i change to manual in the camera.

All this is due to im used to take the lens arround to the focus ring and if i move sightly the hand or the camera, the picture taked is out of focus.

Is possible to rotate freely the focus ring without effect on the focus?

Thanks for your interest
Old Jun 6, 2005, 4:11 PM   #7

I'm sorry, there I can't help you. With my Nikon lenses, the focus ring does not work in autofocus mode, but with the Sigma I know not.
Old Jun 8, 2005, 10:14 AM   #8

Just like the Nikon AF-S lenses, the Sigma 50-500 allows the user to adjust the manual focus even when shooting on auto focus. This is true all the time, and cannot be switched off.

I am not sure why you would want to deactivate this feature. If you want to only use AF, simply keep your hands off the focusing ring.
JOHNCHAP2 is offline   Reply With Quote