Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon Lenses

Old Jul 18, 2005, 8:39 PM   #1

Purple fringing is preety bad on very bright objects in night pics. ISO is set a bit higher and aperature is wide open. What am I doing wrong? I have a ton of pics like this.

Thanks

Steve
Attached Images

colasteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 27, 2005, 7:08 PM   #2

Steve, have you ever seen the purple fringing other than around very bright light sources, and at other times than in the rain?

I don't see the fringing anywhere but around the lights, so maybe it has to do with the sensor, as DT-7900 suggested, or maybe the rain droplets are working as little prisms.
eburrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2005, 11:40 PM   #3

Thanks for the replies guys. The pic is not one of my best. I first noticed the problem after taking some fireworks pics and then these at the races. Only a problem at night around bright objects. Here's another example.

Thanks again

Steve
Attached Images

colasteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2005, 5:46 AM   #4

I have seen this on some of my shots where there is a sharp change from light to dark. Not night shots but a daylight shot of a black object against a white cloud. If you shoot RAW and have Photoshop CS there is an option under the lens tab to correct chromatic abberration which helps.
Nagasaki is offline   Reply With Quote