Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon Lenses

Old Sep 12, 2005, 12:25 PM   #1

For everyone who's interested in Nikon lenses and/or 3rd party lenses, I've made a list with a huge number of links to reviews, ratings, press releases, and all kind of interesting articles about lenses.
I started making this list a few weeks ago, because I was looking for this kind of info myself.I kept on working on the link list,so I made a small website for it, which is online now.
You can find the Nikon Lens Link Collection at:

http://home.zonnet.nl/famwakker/nikonlinkslenseswelcome01.htm

Take a look and if you like it, you can bookmark it for further use.
I hope it will be usefull for a lot of you, like it is for me.

If you have any suggestions on new links, for improvement of this list, please let me know. I'm interested in your ideas and suggestions.

Kind regards,
Jan

Jan Wakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 13, 2005, 7:48 PM   #2

Hi Jan. Thanks for the list. I have a Nikon Coolpix 8800. Not sure of what lense I want. Thinking about a telephoto, but my lack of knowledge makes it tough to decide. Any suggestions from anyone would help. Again, thanks for doing the legwork.
photo118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2005, 3:25 AM   #3

2 Weeks after publishing the Nikon Lenses Link Collection I'm still surprised about the number of visitors:Over 5000 unique visitors and even over 6000 visitors.......
With over 16.000 pageviews........

Together with the kind words I received from so many of you, this shows that the Nikon Lenses Link Collection (also including links to 3rd party lenses from Sigma, Tamron and Tokina, plus articles on various subjects about lenses) showed out to be a very usable "starting gate" for the info so many people are looking for.
This motivates me to keep the good work going.....
Searching for new links to add regularly.....

Thank you all!!!

Kind regards,
Jan

--

Looking out for info about lenses? You might take a look at the Lens Link Collection:
http://home.zonnet.nl/famwakker/nikonlinkslenseswelcome01.htm
Old Sep 18, 2005, 3:35 AM   #4

Hi Photo118,

photo118 wrote:
Quote:
Hi Jan. Thanks for the list. I have a Nikon Coolpix 8800. Not sure of what lense I want. Thinking about a telephoto, but my lack of knowledge makes it tough to decide. Any suggestions from anyone would help. Again, thanks for doing the legwork.
The Nikon Coolpix 8800 has a fixed zoom lens, so you can't switch lenses like with a DSLR or SLR. The only option is to use lens converters, they exist is wide, tele and fisheye.

Just take a look at:

http://www.nikonusa.com/template.php...roductNr=25523

For macro you can use preset close-up filters.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Jan