Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon Lenses

Old Jan 24, 2006, 3:35 AM   #11

I don't really like either of those lenses (if you don't want to spend lots of money on a lens, you may want to think about second hand products), but if I had to pick, I'd go with the Nikon. Fact is that the wider de range of the lens is, the the more problems occur. I just bought a new Nikon lens (18-200) that cost me about $800. This lens is compared to the lenses you mention pretty expensive, but still have some problems due it's wide focal range.
Dee-ehn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2006, 9:40 AM   #12

I have a Tamron 28-200 XR (IF) zoom lens for my Nikon F3. I've had it on there for a long time. Glass is very decent and the shots do come out nice. I was considering getting a Nikon D50 and wondered if my Tamron 28-200 AF would work on this camera, but appears as it should:-)
The Winemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2006, 12:53 PM   #13

Hi Steven,
I was reading some info on the Tamron 28-300 and see where you picked up a used one from KEH. Could you tell me where to go to see their products. I'm interested in one for my D 70 and all I can find is above 350.00 dollars.
Thanks so much,
Julie

smiles77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2006, 2:44 PM   #14

smiles77 wrote:
Quote:
Hi Steven,
I was reading some info on the Tamron 28-300 and see where you picked up a used one from KEH. Could you tell me where to go to see their products. I'm interested in one for my D 70 and all I can find is above 350.00 dollars.
Thanks so much,
Julie
www.keh.com
rjseeney is offline   Reply With Quote