Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon Lenses

Old Feb 15, 2006, 10:44 PM   #11

T,

No problem at all, I've enjoyed it and if I've given you bit of info you might not have discovered, then it has been the huge success that my pleasure doing it was. Here on these boards, I don't have much to offer and the best I can hope for is to give a little bit back.

Posted the pics. The first one is slightly out of focus, bu I had shaky hands that night in a big hurry. The 2nd pic had some setting adjusted but still the same look.

I think your wife will be pleased;

Thanks,

M - and keep us posted
Attached Images

melt1109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2006, 12:31 PM   #12

2nd pic

Attached Images

Old Feb 16, 2006, 3:27 PM   #13

cat pic on auto
Attached Images

Old Feb 16, 2006, 3:31 PM   #14

T,

Please forgive for the not so great pics, I just had said I'd put something up that I shot at auto. The first one is actually pretty bad and I ought to delete it. I just didn't have anything else to show newbie auto. Hope it helps instead of hurts or discourages.

M
Old Feb 16, 2006, 4:10 PM   #15

This lens may not suit your needs and indeed is more than the basic kit lens, but it appears to be comparable quality it would put your budget at $500US body only plus $340US for the lens = $840US

Others might be able to comment on it's shortcomings or inappropriateness. And, more importantly whether the difference of $200US for the 18-55mm one lens kit. I think I've read some stuff about the use of this lens on the boards. I think it is kit lens for the D70.

********Nikon 18mm - 70mm f/3.5-4.5G ED IF AF-S DX Wide Angle Autofocus Zoom Lens, USA.
Mfr. Part # 2149
Our Price: $339.95
Also available in "Used"
Item Includes
HB-32 Flower Type Lens Shade, CL-0195 Soft Lens Case, 67mm Front Lens Cap, Rear Lens Cap.
Description
The AF-S DX 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G IF-ED covers a very popular focal length range (equivalent to 27-105mm in 35mm format), and offers a selection of Nikon's highly regarded technologies such as Silent Wave motor (AF-S) for super fast and quiet autofocus operation, Extra-Low Dispersion glass (ED) for minimized chromatic aberrations, and Internal Focusing (IF) for convenient and balanced handling.

In addition, the AF-S DX 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G IF-ED also incorporates hallmark Nikon features that customers have come to expect from Nikkor lenses, such as distance information guide window, a reliable metal lens mount for years of durability, and a M/A mode for seamless switching between autofocus and manual modes.

Designed exclusively for use with DX Format SLR cameras, DX Nikkor lenses deliver a versatile range of angle-of-view, higher performance, and outstanding center-to-edge-to-corner image quality, while realizing smaller and lighter designs. All DX Nikkor lenses have a picture angle comparable to that of 35mm format lenses with a 1.5x factor.

Of course the 18 - 70 mm DX is the perfect complement to the newly announced D70 digital SLR

Features
Optimized DX lens design compatible with all Nikon D-Series Digital SLR Cameras
Nikon SLR DX Format image sensor incorporates individual Micro Optics on each of the sensors pixels
Optimizes performance ensures that the image from lens is precisely aligned with each pixels sensor
Compact 3.8x Zoom covers Portrait to Wide View
Specifications
Construction 13 Groups/ 15 Elements / 3 ED glass Elements / 1 Aspherical Element
Angle of view 67°-22° 50'
F stop range f/3.5-4.5 Max Aperture f/22-36 Min Aperture
Closest Focusing Distance 0.38 m / 14.96 in
Maximum Magnification Max Reproduction Ratio 1/6.2 (0.16)
Filter Size 67mm
Dimensions (Length x Diameter) 73mm x 75.5mm / 2.9" x 3.0"
Weight Appx 13.5 oz.
Notes Internal Focusing
Silent Wave Motor
M/A Mode for instant switching from AF to Manual
D-Signal technology for enhanced flash & Ambiant exposure control