Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon Lenses

Old May 27, 2006, 3:05 AM   #11

well your theory or guessing perhaps is the answer to my curiousity about my test.
bravo keith............!!

anyway the important thing for me right now is to decided which one to go for:
Buy a Nikon 18-200mm with VR for around $1,000 or to buy the Tokina 24-200mm at around $570? I think both lens were made for the all around travelling light purpose.
Shakyhands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2006, 12:10 PM   #12

If you do have "Shakyhands" then it has to be the VR. For me, I wouldn' t give up the 18mm but then I like landscapes & buildings.

Keith.

Shakyhands wrote:
Quote:

anyway the important thing for me right now is to decided which one to go for:
Buy a Nikon 18-200mm with VR for around $1,000 or to buy the Tokina 24-200mm at around $570? I think both lens were made for the all around travelling light purpose.
keith1200rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2006, 6:54 AM   #13

Thank you Keith for your advised, I am not so sure yet, becoz the different in price quiet a lot unless a 18mm and VR is a worthy thingz to be trade off.............. honestly, if I follow my feelin' I will go for Tokina becoz I like it built quality / price & "parafocal" (focused at tele,then turn to any wider focal length without the need to re-focus) and few review saying it is a good one of lens.

but on the other hand , this VR - is tempting to have - if it really works, it's a great things to be trade-off with the dollars / the 18mm?!,well if needed, I'd already have the 18-70mm lens kit in my bag.?? ohh dear........, I really dont know yet "WHICH IS THE BEST for me" ............ if just I could have a free test on both lenses on a weekend , I believe will be much much more easier for me to decide

Shakyhands is offline   Reply With Quote